Nowadays, the term digitization can be found everywhere. Many businesses are feeling the increasing pressure to act in order to remain competitive. On the one hand, this involves optimizing internal and external processes to increase efficiency, reduce costs or improve quality. On the other hand, it is about establishing new business models to generate new value chains. There is no alternative to a comprehensive digitalization. These drastic changes cause uncertainty or even fear of wasting money unnecessarily for measures and results that are difficult to calculate. This means that this important step is often taken far too late or not at all.
From our point of view, there are the following challenges of „classical“ digitization:
- High costs and time expenditure for extensive concepts without practical reference
- Lack of resources and know-how to advance the digitization process
- High dissatisfaction of customers as they are not sufficiently involved in processes
- Threat of Disruption due to slow development of new business areas
- Too much dependence on (digitization) service provider